Last Updated October 2023
Workshops for Warriors wants you to know how we use and protect the important information you provide to us. The information provided below summarizes our policy, procedures and practices as further described in this Privacy Statement.
- We collect information as a way to help our mission to rebuild American manufacturing, one veteran at a time. The information you provide allows us to help you on a more personal level. We can better respond to your requests, understand your needs, and provide you the information and resources you need. We can also compare your information with the information of others we connect with to identify important trends. Utilizing this information can help in research, product and program development, and providing more effective programs. These programs will help veterans and our country’s ability to manufacturer things.
- Unless you tell us otherwise, when you provide your information, we will use your information as allowed by law and WFW policies to deliver the programs you are involved with and in furtherance of our work.
- We recognize we must comply with all applicable U.S. laws and the laws of countries in which WFW operates.
- We will use—and require our data management vendors to use—reasonable and appropriate security practices to safeguard your information.
- If you change your mind about allowing us to use your information or have questions about our privacy practices, please email us at email@example.com to let us know.
Information We Collect
“Personal Information” means information that we can use to identify or contact you. It can include information you submit when you use our interactive tools and services.
We may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
- When you visit or use our online donation and sales systems, whether web-based or mobile, we may collect your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, to help a mobile app determine the best means of connecting to the database or for shipping something you purchased), user name and password (so you can log in)
- We may collect payment card or similar information when you provide it to us as part of a purchase;
- We may capture the IP address and ID of the device you use to connect to the online service, the type of operating system and browser you use, and information about the site you came from, the parts of our online service you access, the type of mobile device you use and the site you visit next
- When you register for or use certain interactive tools and services, we may collect your [e.g., email address, username, password and device information];
- When you sign-up for newsletters or other communications from us, we may collect your [e.g., name and general contact information];
- When you participate in an online survey, we may collect your [e.g., name and general contact information]; or
- When you provide Personal Information in a community area or other public forum, we may collect your [e.g., name, contact information and additional Personal Information you voluntarily disclose].
We do not share donor names and mailing addresses with other organizations.
Text To Donate/Short Code Donations
Information collected through the short code program will not be shared with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect information about you from additional online and offline sources including from social media activities, other nonprofits, and commercially available third-party sources. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing donations and purchase transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our programs (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies;
- Helping you understand your personal health information; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (meaning it does not identify any individuals) for various purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations, to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our services and for other purposes.
What We Disclose to Others
We may share the information we collect from and about you within our organization and with certain third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Credit card processing companies, to process your payments and donations;
- Our other websites in an effort to bring you improved service across our large range of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations
- Other organizations we work with to provide services, research, products or programs
Links to Third-Party Websites
Updating Your Information and Contacting Us with Questions
You may request that we exclude your information from any donor list exchange activity, request that we stop using it, or update certain account information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To the extent that we provide you with direct marketing communications, you have control regarding our use of your Personal Information for such reasons. If you no longer wish to receive any direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time. To do so you may use the unsubscribe link within a marketing email received from us or send a send a request at email@example.com
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised policy on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.
Workshops for Warriors takes the security of your personal information that you provide to us very seriously and we take reasonable measures to safeguard your information consistent with our Privacy Statement. We comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (“PCI DSS”) for financial transactions, and other laws and regulations applicable to the information we collect from you.
Our network is composed of access-controlled measures, security monitoring tools, vulnerability management program, SSL encryption, scheduled network scans, and tests. When it is necessary for our service providers to have access to your information, we expect the same level of data security, integrity and confidentiality standards as the WFW itself provides.
While WFW uses its best efforts to maintain this level of security across all of our systems we cannot guarantee or warrant that our systems or our service providers are not vulnerable to viruses, hacking or other security threats.
Cookies, Tags & Remarketing Pixels
A cookie, tag, or pixel (collectively, “cookie”) is a small piece of text or technology sent to your browser by a website you visit or stored on your device. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. Cookies are also used by web sites for authenticating users, tracking a user’s session, and/or for storing other essential textual information. WFW tracks your interests on our sites so that we can provide you with additional content that might be of importance to you. Providing you with fresh and engaging content is important to us, as we know it is important to you.
We use tools, cookies and services such as AdWords, DoubleClick and Google Analytics, and Heat Mapping for tracking, reporting and analyzing website activity. Some cookies are used to measure conversion events. Pixel tags might be used together with some of the advertising cookies described above, to operate, evaluate, and improve our programs, and to perform data analytics, accounting, auditing, and other internal functions.
What is the legal basis of processing?
Some jurisdictions require an explanation of the legal basis for the collection and processing of Personal Information. We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process Personal Information, including: (a) as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when we respond to your requests); (b) as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Information for recordkeeping to [e.g., substantiate tax liability or eligibility for a course completion credential]); (c) consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as for marketing or certain cookies); and (d) where necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally). With respect to legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of you which require protection of Personal Information, such legitimate interests are the fulfilment of the processing purposes described in this Privacy Statement that are not necessary for the performance of a contract or for our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
What are the consequences of not providing Personal Information?
You are not required to provide all Personal Information identified in this Privacy Statement, but certain services will not be available if you do not provide Personal Information. For instance, if you refuse to provide proof of identification you may not receive certain products you purchase.
Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Does WFW honor do-not-track (“DNT”) signals sent via browsers?
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we generally do not respond to DNT signals at this time.
Messaging Terms & Conditions
When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message to confirm your signup.
By opting into messages, you agree to receive recurring automated marketing and informational text messages from Workshops for Warriors for Workshops for Warriors. Automated messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate.
Message frequency varies, and additional mobile messages may be sent periodically based on your interaction with Workshops for Warriors. Workshops for Warriors reserves the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. Workshops for Warriors also reserves the right to change the short code or phone number where messages are sent.
Message and data rates may apply. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. Your wireless provider is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Your consent to receive marketing messages is not a condition of purchase.
Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
You can cancel any time by texting “STOP”. After you send the SMS message “STOP”, we will send you a message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed and no more messages will be sent. If you would like to receive messages from Workshops for Warriors again, just sign up as you did the first time and Workshops for Warriors will start sending messages to you again.
Text “HELP” at any time and we will respond with instructions on how to unsubscribe. For support regarding our services, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer of Number
You agree that before changing your mobile number or transferring your mobile number to another individual, you will either reply “STOP” from the original number or notify us of your old number at email@example.com. The duty to inform us based on the above events is a condition of using this service to receive messages.
Messaging Terms Changes
We reserve the right to change or terminate our messaging program at any time. We also reserve the right to update these Messaging Terms at any time. Such changes will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued enrollment following such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes
San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce has awarded Workshops for Warriors with the 2023 Exceptional Veteran-Owned...
Mastering the Transition: A Comprehensive Guide to Job Interviews for Veterans and Military Personnel
Leaving the military can be a daunting experience, filled with both excitement and uncertainty. As veterans embark on...
ABC 10 (KGTV) covered Workshops for Warriors' Fall 2023 Graduation on December 15, 2023. To date, 1,212 veterans have...
“To everyone at Workshops for Warriors, thank you. You’re amazing.” Robert's journey from Marine to welder began while...